Sunday, April 6, 2008

April Bella Babe Entry

This is my entry into the April Bella Babe contest. The challenge was to use Yellow, orange and pink. Now I normally don't like orange or yellow (love pink!), but I love this card! The cupcake is punched out with a circle punch and adhered with a foam square. The scallops were done with my jumbo scallop scissors from years ago (knew I kept them for some reason), haven't used them in a very long time. I then used the crop-a-dile to punch the holes. I decided to 'stitch' after I had adhered it all to the front of the card - like real sewing on cards and stuff, so since I had already adhered it I used my trusty 'Fabric Finishes' stamp from CTMH.

9 comments:

Liane said...

I absolutely LOVE your card! Best one I have seen. great job!!

Jessica Smith said...

So cute I love the cupcake and the stitched look oh and the spiral clip with the beads ...ok so what I'm really saying is I love it all!

Shannon Roberts said...

WOW!!! I really, really luv it!! Good Luck! MWAH!

Kariberry said...

Too Cute! Hope you WIN
Try this, I just opened a Yahoo Acc. Kariberry1997@yahoo.com

Vicki said...

this is really gorgeous Laurel, love the colour comb, orange is one of my fav colours, (well certain shades)and these three colours make it a bright 'n' cheery girly card, love it xx vicki xx

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Oh, gosh! Laurel! This is fantastic! Totally in love with your choice of colors and the stitching. Great job!

Toni said...

so alive! colors, embellishments, choice of stamp, wowza. I love the balloons most of all!

Jenn said...

Super cute card Laurel! Love the color combo and the faux stitching is awesome!!! :D

Carolina said...

How I miss this darlin'...I'll never know! Love the colors, the faux stitching, the glitter, the ribbon with the dp is just the perfect combo!

01 09 10