Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Out of My Box!

This card is so out of my box, I struggle with collage type cards. I used this weeks SCS sketch challenge. A few embellishments from unknown sources and the spiral punch from SU!, otherwise all CTMH. To make the large butterfly I used the wipe and swipe technique on glossy paper and then overstamped with stazon ink.

Stamps: Journalling Jots, Air Mail, solo J, Butterfly Kisses, Decorative Dainties
Colors: Bamboo, Smokey Plum, Black, Colonial White
Inks: Desert Sand, Gray Wool, Black, Smokey Plum
Reinkers: Sunny Yellow, Orange, Hollyhock

7 comments:

Kariberry said...

I love this! It's such a pretty card.

Stacy said...

Cool card! Thanks for leaving me a message on my board and answering my question.

Jenn said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! :D

My Paper World said...

It's stunning Laurel! The big butterfly is beautiful! xx

Unknown said...

This is so pretty and totally scrappy! Thanks for your comment on my blog for my husbands birthday!

Veronica said...

Oh this is awesome. You did collage PERFECT. This is so beautiful. And that copic order will be going in soon.. We need to let Kariberry know too..lol

Jena said...

Gorgeous card - that butterfly looks amazing - I really need to use my wipe n swipes, I bought them a couple years ago but haven't done anything with them - love them on the glossy paper! Great job - TFS!

01 09 10