Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Birthday from the Gang

I got the inspiration for this card when I saw some in a store. They were expensive and not nearly as good (if I do say so myself). It took me hours (or so it seemed!) to do this card, but it was worth it. I didn't really know exactly what I was going to do, I knew I wanted the animals as pop ups and the rest evolved from there. I searched through all my stamp sets to see what I could use and I was surprised at what worked!

Stamp sets: June SOTM, Happy Birthday, Spring Leaves, Paradise, Jungle Leaves, April Word Puzzle and Weathered Backgrounds.

Everything is CTMH except the copics, cuttlebug folders and grass is from cricut!

Here is the card closed: The sky and grass are textured cardstock that has been chalked for dimension. The bird is colored with copics. The talking bubble is hand drawn. The tree is from the Paradise set and I used copics over top. The bird and the talking bubble are on foam squares. Here is the inside of the card. The trees were made using Weathered Backgrounds on Bamboo cardstock. Some of the leaves are on foam squares. The lions mane uses sassy strands. The alligator and elephant have been run through cuttlebug folders and the heads are on foam squares. The grass is from the cricut. I am thinking of making a sign in ther that says 'from the gang' or something like that.



7 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow~you have been super busy today!!! This card is too amazing for words!!! I love the pop up animals, what a fabulous job!!! TFS!!! :D

Kariberry said...

WOW is right! Awesome card! I would have a hard time giving it away too. Guess you'll have to make another one. :) Do you have my address? LOL ~ JK

Stacy said...

Wow! I think I am the third person to say that, but seriously, this is amazing.

Jena said...

Wow - all of the cards you've posted lately are AWESOME! I really love this one and the texture and all the great details. TFS!

Jena said...

Hehe - I just read the other comments and everyone had the same reaction - WOW!

Carolina said...

All I can say is WOW as everyone else - amazing craftsmanship - you created an adorable scene and totally agree with you so much better than store bought!

AaronB said...

This one is really great! Looks like something you could buy at the store!!

01 09 10