Sunday, August 24, 2008

Grateful

Ok I tried to can my peaches but only a few were ripe enough so I only was able to do 5 jars! Yippee (although this does mean I will have to fit them in sometime next week). It is also pouring outside so I can't really do any outside chores - for that I grateful as well!!! Soo.... I went into my scraproom to do another layout but I just felt like doing a card in some fall colors again. I pulled out this dusty stamp that I bought many years ago and it hasn't really seen much ink! Of course I didn't have my copics then. What a perfect image for copics! I had fun coloring this. The background is chalked. Now that I look at the pic I realize I need a slight bit darker shading just next to the gourds so I will do that. Other than that I love how it turned out. The twill was something used to tie up some tea towels I purchased years ago, I knew one day it would come in handy. I used Stazon to stamp the sentiment on.
Stamps: Image (PSX); sentiment (Hero Arts)
Papers: Abundance level 2 (CTMH)

7 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

OMG! I wish I had time to comment on every post. The stuff you've been doing lately is all AWESOME. This one really grabbed me. I love everything about it (and want that stamp!!! LOL). Keep it up. Happy anniversary, too - reason to celebrate! TFS.

Stacy said...

Love all of your stitching! You are amazing with that!
Beautiful card. You are really on a roll! Keep them coming. :-)

Carolyn said...

Good Lord that is just beautiful!!
I too want that stamp. Beautiful job on the colors & coloring. You Rock Girl! :)
Hope you had a nice Anniversary.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a gorgeous card! Your coloring is fabulous!

Jenn said...

Lovely card!!! :D I love the stitching and the chalking is awesome! :D

LOUISE said...

Lovely card Laurel, the colours are fab! Louise x

jo said...

Awesome colouring!!! WOW!!!

01 09 10