Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hi

I finally did another 2 Sketches 4U card. Michael's had their paper packs on at 30% off, I really stocked up! Even better than stocking up is that I am actually using them right away! This is a simple card. The paper is Amy Butler by Making Memories. The flower is on foam squares. I also paper pieced parts of the flower for dimension. I then used Celery Shimmerz over top. This is also my submission into the Flourishes Challenge, to use a flourish on a card.
Some detail:
Paper: Amy Butler - (K& Company)
Cardstock: Gray Wool, Black (CTMH)
Thickes Flourish (American Crafts)
Puffy Letters (Making Memories)
Shimmerz: (All that Scraps)
gems: (CTMH)
Cricut cartridges: Plantain Schoolbook, Accent Essentials



20 comments:

Ewonne said...

Very stylish and elegant!! Great take on the sketch ♥

~dawne said...

You did a beautiful job w/these Amy Butler papers & I love the flower!! Great detail!!

marilynprestonn said...

This so pretty Laurel, I love the layers on your flower and the wow flourish! Beautiful card. TFS

Denise said...

Oh so beautiful!!!! Love the colours!

Betty Wright said...

Laurel, love the bold colors!!!! Great flourishes, too!!! Thanks so much for playing!!!!

Carolina said...

Adorable card Laurel!!! Love the colors and what you've done with this set is just perfect!

Unknown said...

I love the colors and I love that paper pieced flower - great take on the sketch
Thanks for playing
Hugs
Kazan

Unknown said...

This is stunning! I love the colors!

cnelson said...

this is just gorgeous! love the colors!

Lulu said...

So pretty, I love the detail shot :)

Christina Hill said...

Beautiful. I love those AB papers.

Jenn said...

Awesome job with this sketch! Love that polka dot paper and that beautiful flourish! :D

Lori said...

Your card is beautiful. Thanks for the nice comments on my blog. The paper using Lil Artist is from a DCWV paper pad called "Sweet". Have a great day :)Lori

Made by Mandy said...

Love the soft colours and layering on the flower.

Well done for using brand new purchased paper too !!

**Nancy** said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love the colors!!!

Lea L. said...

Very pretty card!! Great job with Kazan's sketch!

~Lea

Anonymous said...

Wow....gorgeous card !!! Great job !!

Catherine said...

this is so beautiful Laurel. do you know it's been months since the last time i visited michaels..crazy!!!

Julie Campbell said...

Oooh! I love that flower! great details!!! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge!!!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty, Laurel. I love Amy Butler. :)

01 09 10