Saturday, March 7, 2009

Celebrate Today


Here is my card. Very simple! I inked up my new turtle stamp from Stampingbella, he is just so cute. I made this for a little girl in my class who is having a birthday soon. Of course this is another card that I will enter in the Caardvarks challenge as well. What you can't see is that the cake and turtle have been painted with Shimmerz.

Pattern Paper: Emporium (CTMH)
Cardstock: White Daisy, Creme Brule (CTMH)
Stamps: Sentiments (PTI); Turtle (Stampingbella)
Ink: Creme Brule; Sweet Leaf (CTMH); Brilliance Black
ribbon: CTMH
buttons: PTI
Shimmerz: Key Lime, Orange Sherbert

12 comments:

Debby said...

You say simple however it's very pretty. Your simple is my 2 day card :-) I love that thingy that you put your card in to take a pic. Too cool. What the heck is that?

Debby said...

Thanks for getting back to me. Your "thingy" is really beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Laurel, I love your Turtle Tot card! So sweet! You know, I've been meaning to get one of these card/flower arranging things too! It makes so much sense, I'm tired of leaning my cards up against the wall! LOL! (Love your Melon Berry buttons too!!)

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh my goodness! That stamp is the cutest!!! Great card. Love it!

SmilynStef said...

Love the cool shimmerz cake ... another fabulous critter creation.

Carla Harrah said...

I love that turtle!! The colors are great too.

Nathalia Castellon said...

Oh shucks, I'm going to have to say that this one is now my new favorite of your critter cards! It's adorable and the colors are so clean and refreshing! Great cake decorating, too!

lauren bergold said...

holy moly you are ON FIRE with the critter caards!!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Holy moly, that is one adorable turtle! Great card!

~amy~ said...

really sweet...very clean & crisp!

Sharon Harnist said...

This is adorable -- great job with the sketch!

Tanis said...

LOVE that turtle!
Love the white space too...makes the sentiment really stand out.

01 09 10