Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Little Monkey

The sketch this week from 2 Sketches 4 You. I used a bunch of paper for this card, and I like how it turned out. It is also another card for the Caardvarks Challenge. The tree and monkey are on foam squares. The 'pole' is a toothpick.
Papers: Collage Press; Die Cuts With a View; Close to My Heart
Cardstock: Close to My Heart
Stamps: High Hopes; Close to My Heart; Hero Arts
Dot Candy (coconuts): Pebbles Inc
Punch: Marvy
The monkey and tree are on foam squares.

18 comments:

~dawne said...

This card is simply adorable. Love the monkey & palm tree.

Unknown said...

Sooo cute! I love his little birthday banner!

Unknown said...

This is sooo cute Laurel - I love the different paper and product you used - very clever too.
thanks for playing
:) Kazan

Kathi Carlson said...

Very cute! Love all the paper piecing!!

Stampin' Meg said...

super cute- who can resist a monkey!

Sarah said...

That is amazing...love it.

SmilynStef said...

Cute cute cute ... love that little monkey.

cnelson said...

how cute is that?! love, love, love it!

Lea L. said...

Could this be any cuter?!! Great job with Kazan's sketch!

~Lea

Anonymous said...

Oooh this is sooo cute !!! I LOVE it !!

lauren bergold said...

well i just always love the paper-pieced look of stamping on patterned paper...and you have done SUCH a great job of selecting the prints! brilliant & SOOOOOOO ♥fun♥!!! :)

AUsome mom said...

Cute, Cute, Cute, Cute!!! Love that monkey!

Carolina said...

This is too stinkin' cute!!! Your paper piecing is pefect and lvoe the sentiment on the toothpick...just brilliant!

Anonymous said...

How cute is this??! I love it!

Mary said...

What a cute little card! I love the monkey!

Lulu said...

Love your stamping! Totally cute card :)

Monica Anderberg said...

Wow, what a nice card! Really cute and I rellay like the colours!

Br /Monica at scrapoleket.blogspot.com

**Nancy** said...

This is adorable!!! I love it!!!

01 09 10