Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just Because

The Inspirational Card Sketch for this week: Here is the card I came up with. Took a bit of playing around (I had started with a different set of papers but had the same idea). I finally got what I wanted!
Pattern Papers: BoBunny; SEI; gcd
Cardstock: CTMH
Stamp: Papertrey Ink
Ink: CTMH
Ribbon and gems: CTMH
Cricut: Indie Art; Plantain Schoolbook
The flowers border is hand cut out with some of them on foam squares. The butterfly has a couple of layers of cardstock so that it is like a chipboard butterfly.

13 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh so pretty! The colors are exquisite, and it goes without saying I love the butterfly! TFS.

~amy~ said...

good grief...your card is absolutely stunning!!!! happy friday!!

AaronB said...

Great work, love the pattern paper!

Dawn♥ said...

Oh Laurel it's absolutely GORGEOUS! WOW I'm speechless! Lovely job using the ICS sketch! Thanks for joinin' us! ;)
♥Dawn♥

Unknown said...

Simply gorgeous!!
Love that butterfly!!

Crystal said...

Beautiful!

Sarah said...

So pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Luaren your card is `gogrgeous` I lo ethat butterfly...along with those beautiful colours..Thanks for joining in with ICS this week..
Have a lovely weekend:)♥

Fink said...

Nice job with the sketch! Great card. Thanks for playing along at ICS

Sparkplug17 said...

Very pretty! I love the grey with these bright colors.

Debby said...

Wow! Gorjuss!!!

Tricia said...

stunning! butterflies are totally my fave these days and your interpretation of the sketch just rocks!

Karen said...

Gorgeous card, I really love these colours and what a great butterfly.

Thanks for joining us this week at ICS.

Karen x

01 09 10