Monday, March 9, 2009

Things I love...

I managed to squeeze in a bit of crafting time tonight. After work I went to watch the kids bowl. Today was 'beat your coach' day, and with my mom being one of the coaches the kids were out to beat grandma! Of course the coaches had to bowl with their opposite hands, between the legs you name it. Didn't matter to the kids, they were very happy to win. Both of my kids bowled well and achieved their goal of beating grandma. Jaimee bowled her best ever... 296!!! wow! (I bet grandma is jealous! lol!). Anyhow after that we had dinner I did my hour walk and got into the craft room about 8:30.

I found another card challenge blog, one that I won't be able to keep up with however because they have a daily challenge! The other day 365 cards' challenge was a sketch, you all know how much I love sketches, and this one is by Kazan from 2 sketches You so I had to do it!

Here is my card. I wanted to use more of my Little Yellow Bicycle Papers so this is what I came up with. It will be for hubby on our anniversary (I am sure he doesn't check my blog... and if he does he will forget rest assured!) - which is not until August! I think this may even qualify for Rae's Use it Challenge no 1, I used a cricut cartridge that I have had for a long time and not used yet (Fabulous Finds - for the heart) The heart is on foam squares.

Pattern Paper: Little Yellow Bicycle
Cardstock: CTMH
Stamp: Checklist - CTMH
Ink: Archival Black
clear button: CTMH
Vintage buttons: PTI
Journalling sticker: LYB
Mini Letter Stickers: Making Memories
hemp: CTMH
Cricut: Storybook (flourish); Fabulous Finds

17 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Great card - unforgettable by my estimation! Sounds like you had a busy day!

~amy~ said...

Woooooo Hoooo...this is absolutely spectacular!!! Thanks for joining us @ 365 cards!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Very pretty! I love the splash of pink with the heart!

Daniela Dobson said...

Beautiful card. At least you are really early so if he does see it there is a long way until August.

Unknown said...

FABulous card Laurel, I absolutely love it!! And I'm glad to hear that you finally used that cartridge!! Thank you SO much for playing along with the first challenge :)
~rae

Anonymous said...

Your card is fabulous ! Thanks for playing !

Suzanne :O ) said...

awesome anniversary card, I love the journaling sticker!

Annika said...

This card is out of this world! Stunning! Love EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice! Great card BTW!
Lou XX

Pam said...

"The things I love about" this card - everything, great job!

Denise said...

WOW! 296 thats just amazing!!!! Love the card you made it's amazing too!!!

Basement Stamper said...

Wow, gorgeous card, love all the elements you have added to it.

Vicky said...

This is really beautiful! Thanks for joining us at 365!

Jenn said...

Stunning! Great job with the sketch! :D

Eulanda said...

You do the most amazing job adding in such different elements and colors. Love it!

papertrails leaver said...

this is lovely!

danni reid. said...

beautiful card, wow!

01 09 10