Friday, August 28, 2009

YUM

The sketch this week from 2 Sketches 4 You:I made this card for the 365 Card Challenge - Going Vintage.

For my card I wanted the strip to mimic an old apron. I sewed a bit of fabric down the edge of the paper strip and did some funky zig zagging - like the apron had been mended a few times. I used some Unity stamps to stamp on the background October Afternoon paper -and I lightly added a bit of color with my copics. The cupcake was made with the Cricut Home Decor (love this, lots of fun images that I just need to play with!). The cherry is actually cut out of the OA paper and painted with Shimmerz. I also scented the card with Cupcake Card Scent. YUM!


17 comments:

~amy~ said...

YUM is absolutely right Laurel...this is super DE-Lish!!!! happy Friday!!!

Alanna said...

What a fun card.

Carla said...

Great card!! Fabric on your card - how fun is that!?!?

Lisa H. said...

oooo, yummy card! love how it all works together. tfs!

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is yummy, lol. I love the stitching!

Monika in VA said...

Yummy, yum, YUM!!! Really cute card! Love the measuring cups ~ with just the hint of color!

Unknown said...

Yum is right1 LOVE your creative use of grey (as usual) and the mix with the soft and bright colors.

Dora said...

Just perfect, every detail is were it belong, wonderful card!

Carolyn said...

Cute card! Cool base paper.

laterg8r said...

loving that cupcake :D

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh what a treat! I love that patterned paper and that swanky cupcake! Beth

Ann said...

What a sweet treat for my Friday! Love this, Laurel!

Brenda said...

What a great feel to add the cupcake on a vintage look - love it!

Sarah said...

LOL at the cupcake scent! Great card Laurel.

Unknown said...

Delicious cupcake! Love it!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

cnelson said...

yum indeed! so cute and fabulous!

Angèle said...

Yummie card Laurel! I love every piece of it!

01 09 10