Wednesday, October 7, 2009

40 Something

This weeks sketch from The Scrappiest. There is an awesome kit up for grabs this month from Scrapbook Circle, so why don't you come over and play along. The designers have outdone themselves again, so much inspiration! As soon as I saw the layout I knew I wanted to use this picture that I took and altered. I wasn't sure where I would go with it but I knew I wanted these October Afternoon papers. Another project that just fell together nicely for me. I am happy with all the hints of age (clock, old tree, owl, vintage feeling paper). The clouds, owl and runner are on foam squares. Note, click on the picture as I have 'journalled' directly on my photo.
Pattern Paper: October Afternoon
Cardstock: CTMH
Stamps: CTMH (clock, tree, clip, clouds), Unity (grid background on title), CHF (owl)
Ink: CTMH
Runner from Think Pink cartridge (Slice)
Title: Cricut (Graphically Speaking)

19 comments:

liszha said...

What a super LO! LOVE IT!
Hugs,
Lisette

Unknown said...

Love it. I love this October Afternoon paper. The tree, clock, and owl are great for hinting at age. But 40 something is the "new twenties" I hear:) tee hee
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Dora said...

Everything on this is just perfect! The picture the title! Stunning!

Kathi Carlson said...

Awesome layout! Love it!!

Karla Kroese said...

Great take on the sketch. I love all the little details you added just perfectly!

Sarah said...

Brilliant LO and what a cool way to journal..have to try it...when I get 5 mins that is LOL.

Lori said...

Wow. This is awesome. Love all the little details. I keep discovering more as I look at it, like the little owl. What a nice touch.

Unknown said...

GREAT sketch and layout! How are you doing on your quest? I'm so proud of you for working so hard and sticking to it.

Sparkplug17 said...

What a great layout!

laterg8r said...

love the journalling on the pic - i admire you for running, i find it too hard :D

ps - gave you an award on my blog :D

Unknown said...

Great LO! Love those colors!

(-: Heidi

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh I love the feel of this layout and the photo made me laugh because I see running shoes and Tylenol which I know I have to take plenty of if I ran anywhere! Beth

Alanna said...

Another fabulous layout Laurel.

Jenn said...

Fabulous! I just love this October Afternoon paper! :)

Jenn said...

Fabulous! I just love this October Afternoon paper! :)

Cindy Lee said...

This is an awesome page!! October Afternoon is my fav!

Carolyn said...

This is great I love it!! Love the runner and the clock! Awesome paper!

Jeanne said...

What a fantastic layout, Laurel! I love how you've incorporated all the little details. You are so creative and clever!

Denise said...

Laurel, love love this page,,,I think the papers are perfect for this layout!! Love the runner embellie!! Way to go to you for running,,,I'm not quite there myself but I am walking daily!

01 09 10