Saturday, December 26, 2009

2010

Well, the big day has come and gone and it was great!  Jason offered to cook the dinner this year, I would never argue about that! LOL  So his first turkey dinner and we had EVERYONE here! 22 people - 10 kids and 12 adults.  He did a fantastic job - I loved his sweet potatoes, my favorite dish of the meal and I don't even like sweet potatoes!  Thanks Jason, you are great!

I don't usually make New Years Cards but there were a few challenges for them, so you know me and challenges - I just can't resist! LOL.  Actually hubby and I started dating on New Years 1986 (just as the clock rolled over to midnight he asked me out officially on Jan. 1 1986) so long ago!  So coming up we will have been together for 24 years!  So maybe I'll give this to him.

The sketch this week from Limelight:

For my card I incorporated the Cute Card ThursdayCARDS challenge and the Paper Cutz Challenge  to make a New Years Card
 
Cardstock: Moonstruck and White Daisy (CTMH)
Pattern Paper: Game On and Animal Cookies (CTMH)
Stamp: A Muse
Letter Stickers: American Crafts
Cricut: Plantin Schoolbook
Ribbon: stash

14 comments:

Dora said...

Wow this card rocks laurel!

Leslie said...

love it. those numbers are great.

Jeanne said...

Terrific card, Laurel! I love the city images in the stars and of course the sparkly numbers!

What a great story about how you two started dating. *Ü*

laterg8r said...

love the city and the glitter :D

Unknown said...

Åwesome card. The glittery numbers are the perfect 'feel' for new years.

~amy~ said...

well, aren't you clever with your a muse image...fabbie card and happy almost anniversary of your first date:)

Mandy said...

Wowzers!! What a fabulous card! I'll be featuring this card on Monday on my blog! :) Thanks for playing along...and happy anniversary! ;)

Kathi Carlson said...

Merry Christmas, Laurel! Your card is, as always, wonderful!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love it!!

Sarah said...

Awesome Laurel! 24 years is a long time! Congrats.

Helen Dooley said...

great card. can you believe, 2010? wow. Thanks for playing on Paper Cutz this week.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Great card...love the bling!!! Thanks for joining us this week at PCC!!

Happy New Year!
Terry

Cindy Lee said...

What a perfect card for New Year!!!

Lisa H. said...

THIS rocks! wow! congrats on winning, love what you did with the stars and the glitter-yum!!!!

01 09 10