Thursday, December 17, 2009

Winter Thanks

The sketch this week from 365 Card Challenge;

The Color Challenge from Embellish Magazine:


I squeezed in a card last night as I am super busy this week with kids concerts as well as my own school concert tonight.  Along with that I am putting together some thank you teacher gifts.  It is all 'winding down' if you can call it that at this time of year! - as I finish work on Friday.  Then I start the other work - getting ready for Christmas - my house is decorated but I have not really done any baking yet.  The kids an I will make our annual batches of chocolate turtles, dipped pretzels, and other treats.

Anyhow, very little scrapping time so this is my quick card, but again, it too takes in the Crazy 4 Challenges . challenge.


Cardstock: CTMH, PTI (Kraft)
Stamps: CTMH, PTI
Ribbon: American Crafts (thanks Amy!)

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the kraft, the blue snowflakes, and the yummy ribbon! You rocked this one!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Dora said...

The craft with the blue is stunning, gorgeous card! Sometimes I wish you cab teach me some of your techniques!

Leah l'Orange said...

love this, Laurel! the colours are beautiful, and that ribbon (the look, and the way you've assembled it on the card) is faboo!

Courtney Baker said...

Laurel this is so pretty! Really love this!

Jeanne said...

What a fabulous "quick" card! Love it!! Great job getting a little creative time in during this busy, busy time.

I have to ask, do you know or could you find out the source for that button bouquet in the inspiration picture. I love the whole picture, but that bouquet looks so fun! I'd love to see more!

Have a great day, Laurel!

~amy~ said...

excellent Laurel....love how you've combined challenges....

Bananastamper said...

Love your thank you card Laurel! Fab colors!
Shanna :)

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Very cute design! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge!

Laura Davis said...

Stunning!
Laura

laterg8r said...

love the kraft and blue :D

Unknown said...

What a unique color combo. I love what you did with it!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a pretty card!

Sarah said...

Love the blue snowflakes, the silver dots and the kraft!!! Awesome.

Karla Kroese said...

Oh, so cute!!

Alanna said...

Love those colors and the card is absolutely perfect. Have a great last day of school.

Gloria Stengel said...

I love this color combo! And your use of ribbon! WOW! Love it all!

Jane said...

Brilliant! Love it!

Pam said...

Oh Laurel, "thanks" for making such a stunning card using my sketch!!

01 09 10