Thursday, January 7, 2010

Martini Girl and another toot.

The sketch this week from JUGS.

I incorporated the Crazy 4 Challenges challenge of polka dots.  Sassy Studio Designs' challenge this week is to use metallics.  Now this really was a challenge for me as I don't have many metallic things around so I used my kids metallic gel pen to color the dress and such.  The image I used is called Sexy Lady - Martini Pin Up.  Come on over to play along.  Also don't forget to sign up for the customer blog hop - lots of fun and prizes on January 15th.  Going to be fun, fun, fun!  All of these cards are for the ABC challenge - layering.





I had so much fun with the image I wanted to do another one.  I wanted more metallics so I searched high and low for something and I found some metallic tissue paper - so this fits the Everything But the Kitchen Sink challenge and because of the colors it is for the Frosted Designs challenge (New Years)! The Play Date Cafe Color Challenge and the PCP Color Challenge 49.  I also used some of the metallic Christmas curling ribbon.  I love how this one turned out.  Of course both of these cards fit the Pile it On challenge - digital. 

The color challenge from The Play Date Cafe:
 

 

Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Digital Images: Sassy Studio Designs
Markers: Copics
Cardstock: Close to My Heart

Now for the toot... I have made the Our Creative Corner Sketch DT!!! How fun!  Today is the first day for the new team.  You should hop on over to see everyone and what they all did with the sketch, lots of good stuff!  Play along too, I would love to see what you create.

Here is the sketch:



For my card I used some more new goodies, so it fits the Cute Card Thursday Challenge (something new) - actually the first do as well as that is a new image for me and for the No Time to Stamp Challenge - something with hearts or a love theme.  First of all the stamps are new CTMH stamps (Noted Background, Love Birds) and the Pattern Paper is some new PTI.  Fun, fun, fun!  This is also for the Embellish Color Challenge.
 
The inside of the card.
 

Oh and another woot - I made the Fab 4 at The Play Date Cafe!

44 comments:

Dora said...

O my Laurel love that image with the girl, wonderful cards!

Lisa said...

Both cards are fabulous. Love how they are both so different but equally amazing!

Hugs,
Lisa

Leah l'Orange said...

they are LOVELY, Laurel! and you sure are a busy girl, with all these design teams! i'm excited, FOR YOU, and for me, because i get to see more of your work! :D CONGRATS!

Alanna said...

All 3 cards are so fabulous. I especially love the big bow on the first. Congrats on the new DT gig at OCC.

Kathi Carlson said...

Awesome cards! Love Martini Girl! Fun!!

Jeanne said...

Fabulous! Love all the glitter and sparkle!

Congrats on making another design team! You are definitely one busy woman who deserves all the success you are seeing! Have fun!

~amy~ said...

fabbie cards girlie and woot woot on the new DT!!!!

Unknown said...

Wooot Toooot for you lady! Pretty soon you'll be getting paid for all of your amazing cards and layouts and then you will be able to quit your day job! :) You are on a roll. I'm very excited for you. :)
These card are rocking!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Your cards are lovely, and I really dig your OCC project!! I'm thrilled to be on the team with you! :)

Karla Kroese said...

Fabulous cards, as always, Laurel! And congrats on another DT!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness you're making me want that new PTI patterned paper! :-) Love your cards! Thanks for joining in on the challenge at Embellish!

Anita said...

Love, love, love that big bow on the first card! You do fab work! :)

Sandi said...

that is one classy, metallic card, love the image also, thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe. Sandi

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! All I can say is "Wow!" The black on black metallic polka dots are to die for. You have used metallics on both cards in such a classy way. i tend to get a little out of control and then it just looks "Las Vegas-y" instead of the great looks you came up with. THANKS for sharing. The bird cage card is lovely too.

Rose said...

all your cards are just fantastic :) congrats on making the DT and i am thrilled to be working with you !!!

laterg8r said...

those martini chicks ROCK !!!

Darsie Bruno said...

Wonderful cards!! Just love the color combination! Proud to be on the OCC Sketch DT with you!

Julie Ranae said...

Congratulations on making The Fab 4 over in the Play Date Cafe this week and of course, congratulations on making another DT!

Always love having you along with us!

Gloria Stengel said...

First, love your card for the OCC sketch. Look foward to being on the DT with you!

But that martini girl...thud! She's fabbie! I love the bow on the first card! WOW! Hey, 365 Cards has a metal challnge this week too, so go enter there also, in case you haven't already!

Fab-o blog girlie!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such fabulous cards! I love all the glitter.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards and Congrats on your DT news!! Hope all is well...

-t

kathy s said...

love your martini girls both so different and fabulous
love your love birds card too- shows what one sketch can give

Ann said...

Ooooh, Laurel, you are rocking the challenges today! That first one is my fave--the colors, the sparkle--so sassy and fun!

Tiffany Heilman said...

So cute! I love the pink glitter dress on the sexy martini girl. I also love that bird stamp set. it makes a perfect match with the pti paper.

Unknown said...

These are all gorgeous! Love that fabby giant hot pink bow on the first one! Congrats on the new DT!

(-: Heidi

Jennifer Meyer said...

Welcome to the OCC Laurel! Your cards are fabulous, I LOVE how you used the same image on two cards and they look totally different! Wonderful job on the sketch, LOVE the pretty paper and gorgeous bow!

Thanks for your fun sample this week, it's going to be a blast designing next to you each week!

Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

farmhouse-story said...

congrats on making the occ dt team-your cards are adorable!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Great card designs! So happy you were on a 'challenge tangent' and participated in an Embellish challenge!!

Carla said...

Great cards - love them both!
Congrats on the DT! I don't know how you find time for it all!!!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Laurel, nice card. I see we used the same Pattern paper.

Sarah said...

Wohooooo LOVE the cards.

Lisa Kind said...

Congrats on the OCC DT! Great news! Your card is fabulous! I love the image and that bow is gorgeous! thanks so much for playing our JUGs challenge!

yyam said...

Love that image! Looks great with all the glitter! Congrats on the new DT! :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

All of your cards are great! Thanks for playing along with our challenge! :)

Laura Davis said...

So much fun!
Laura

Winter said...

So cute! I am in LOVE with that BIG pink bow! Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice! The patterned paper and the pink bow look fabulous!... Thank you for participating in the Embellish Color Challenge with Hearts!

Courtney Baker said...

Very cute! I'm in love with the glitter!

~kelly marie~ said...

Love all of these cards!! Thanks for playing along with ebtks!

Lorraine A said...

what fantastic cards ! :-) I love the image ,,, absolutley beautiful ! I must admit I do like the first one with the big pink bow ,,, just stunning ! :-)
Congratulations on your DT post :-) very well deserved :-)

Thanks for joining the ABC Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Janine said...

WOW!! Love them all!!

Cindy Lee said...

This is fantabulous!!! Way to go, Laurel!!! I'm soooo happy for you!

Maile Belles said...

Great cards, love your use of all the challenges! Love the birdcage image circle! So gald you could play along with us over at Embellish!

Traveling Mama said...

You are rocking the challenges! I love them all! Thanks for playing along with us over at Embellish! Hugs!

01 09 10