Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thanks Mom

Today is Thursday so that means another sketch challenge over at Our Creative Corner.  I flipped the sketch and I had fun with this one as I was able to play with more new stuff.  The paper is Farm Fresh from October Afternoon.  I stamped the grid with the Unity grid background.  I used my Cricut (From My Kitchen) to cut out the apron.  I then mounted it with foam squares.  Another entry in the JUGS challenge.

I used the sketch again but this time for a tag.  This is another sneak peek of one of the new Sassy Studio Design images (available tomorrow!!!) This one is called Spa Day.  I used the PTI template Around the Town to make a little bag to hold some home spa goodies. This also fits the Our Creative Corner 3D Challenge.   This would be a great thank you gift for someone.  This is also for the Cupcake Craft challenge.

Pattern Paper, Cardstock, Stamp and Ink: PTI
Digital Image: Sassy Studio Designs
Markers: Copics

Remember to keep checking the SSD DTs blogs for some great inspiration all this week.  Also tomorrow is not only the release day for the new Sassy Design Images, but it is also the blog hop.  So don't forget to pop on over to the SSD blog tomorrow for some fun and lots of great ideas!

Finally the sketch challenge for Mojo Monday:

A Color Challenge for Design Dollies:
 
I made this card for the Sassy Studio Chipboard Challenge.  The challenge, of course is to incorporate some chipboard with a Sassy Studio Image.  I just love the summer feel of this Lemonade Lindsay, and boy with the dark, dreary rainy days we are having, we need a but of cheer! 
 
Don't forget to come back tomorrow for the Sassy Studio Blog Hop, lots of prizes and fun!  Also it is the RELEASE day for Sassy Studio Designs, you just have to see what Lindsay has created!

 I also just saw that I made the Top 3 over at Just Buggin!  woo hoo.  My card is almost beside Lea Lawson's (who won of course) - wowie!

25 comments:

Cindy Lee said...

Wow! What a great gift set! This will surely put a smile on the recipient!

~amy~ said...

check you out....good grief, how many hours do you sleep, or do you? LOL...lovely projects sista!

Kathi Carlson said...

Cute card, and I love the little gift set. So cute!!!

Jeanne said...

Wow! You are terrific at incorporating your Cricut cutouts in your card making...something I want to do better. You inspire me in this area.

Love the spa card, especially with all that yummy spa stuff in the photo and your last card is so bright and summery, great idea to create it on a dark and dreary day.

Karla Kroese said...

Wow, Laurel, you've been busy! Great projects here. Thanks for inspiring!

laterg8r said...

i looooove the apron you created for that first card!!! :D

Jen Shults said...

That bath set is just amazing! You do such awesome work!

Unknown said...

OOOO! i love all of these!!! Of course I'm a lil biased but the last one is my fav! Great colors and you used them perfect! Thanks for playing with us Design Dollies!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh my girl! Totally in love with that first one! So cute!

Dora said...

Very pretty!

Frances said...

Woweee...that apron is adorable.

Unknown said...

Wowzers, These are are incredible! I love the apron! That paper is so very yum!
Love the little spa goodie bag! Your Mojo and DD card is my fave! You totally rocked both!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

All three are wonderful! The last one makes me want some pink lemonade.

Rose said...

Wonderful cards and projects Laurel! You have been busy! Beautiful work!

The Crafty Den said...

What a gorgeous card. Such a pretty image and the embelishments are definitely girly! Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

KarenB said...

Your cards are amazing!! I had trouble just focussing on this post because I wanted to wander all over your blog and explore further :) I love the fuschia and yellow card great job with the colour combo.

Sparkplug17 said...

Such lovely projects! Your spa kit is darling!

Bananastamper said...

Great projects Laurel! I especially love the Mom card!
Shanna :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute, cute, cute Laurel! You area one busy stamper! Great stitching! Thank you so much for playing along with Just Us Girls ;) Hope to see you Saturday!

Sarah said...

Seriously Laurel...step away from the paper and go do something else ha ha!!! you are putting us to shame...! If you only knew how LONG it takes me to make a card...you got a gift thats for sure.
I love them all...but that apron is DARLING.

Rose said...

Amy is too funny!! but really do you sleep??? LOL all your items are fantastic :)

Alanna said...

I love all these. The apron is so cute on the first one and I love the spa kit.

savvy teaching tips said...

Wow - these are all fabulous. If you are interested in more challenges. Check out our new challenge blog. www.stampinroyalty.blogspot.com

Leah l'Orange said...

love 'em, love 'em, love 'em, Laurel!! perfect colour combos, and thanks for playing with us at Design Dollies! :) great to have you!

Jennifer Meyer said...

WOW Laurel you have been a busy crafter! Congratulations on your publication - how exciting!!

LOVE your beauitful cards and project!

Have a fun weekend ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

01 09 10