Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thinking of You and Take Time for Chai

The sketch this week from Our Creative Corner:
 
I dug into my Cosmo Cricket Earth Love kit again - I have used so much and still have so much left (I bought some when it first came out and then I received my Scrap Shotz kit that was full of it!) good thing it is so fun to play with.  I only had a bit of time to play so this is what I came up with.  The sentiment is from Unity.  Both cards are for the Moxie Fab, Olympics of Stamping.
  

The Challenge this week over at Sassy Studio Designs is a sketch challenge:


I also took in the Design Dollies color challenge:


I decided to use Cocoa Carol again as I needed a card for a friend of mine who works too hard and just needs some reminders to slow down sometimes.  I will include a Starbucks gift card along with it.n  I paper pieced the chair and colored her in with copics. She is mounted on foam squares.  This is also another entry into the Practical Scrappers challenge - stamping and the Scrap Shotz challenge - coloring.

25 comments:

Dora said...

Both are beautiful the first I love because of the soft colors and the sweet birds!

~amy~ said...

LOVE them both...you know me and cosmo cricket:) Your Chai card is perfect-o!

P.S. Still munching on those m&m's...you rock:)

Jeanne said...

Great cards, Laurel. Your sore arm sure doesn't hinder your creating. Whew!

Brenda said...

I love both cards! That paper is really great!

Sherri said...

Lovely cards.....the soft colors on the first card are beautiful, and the "chai" card has a great blend of elements.

Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers.

Sarah said...

Wow both cards are wonderful!!! Esp that first one..those papers are FAB

Unknown said...

What great cards. I just love those birds!

Bananastamper said...

Great cards, of course, I am especially fond of the Cosmo one, such great colors together, and I love those birdies!
Shanna :)

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Love the Chai card, that orange is just wonderful design paper. Thank you for stamping with us this week at Practical Scrappers.
Hugs
Tanya

Julia Aston said...

The first card is so bright and springy with the chipboard birds and matchy matchy DP's and I love the chai girl on her big soft chair! two pretty cards!

Unknown said...

Fabulous cards! I love that yummy Cosmo paper! Your take on the sketch is brilliant. Just adore the second one! She does look like she's ready to relax! Thanks for joining in again at Practical Scrappers!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

Ooops, forgot to tell you that I left sunshine award for you on my blog!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Rose said...

Both beautiful cards Laurel! Love the soft, fresh colors you used!

Amy said...

These are both adorable cards!! Thanks for sharing.

Carolyn said...

These are both very nice!! I love the girly in the chair!! Cute!

Rose said...

WOW!! you rocked both sketches :) luv the earth love paper and the paper pieced chair, your friend will love it also i bet :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful cards Laurel! Great job with these sketch challenges!

yyam said...

Awww...sweet! Love love love the first card!

Kathi Carlson said...

Two cute, cute cards. Love the birdies!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Mmmmm...I love Chai too bad its so fattening and laden with sugar! Great card! Beth

Jennifer Meyer said...

WOW Laurel you are a busy stamper! LOVE each of your cards and the pretty layouts & stitching!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Unknown said...

OOO! Love both though the Chai is my FAV and not just b/c I may be bias LOL! Fab image! Thanks for playin with us Dollies!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh Laurel, I LOVE your OCC card!!!

Lisa said...

Very beautiful!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Laurel! Thanks for entering the Olympics of Stamping Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

01 09 10