Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Another Desk Calendar for Hubby

So, what do you do when you made this for hubby last year (I posted the pages separately as I made them last year, so each month is somewhere on my blog, hehehe), and he just informs you (only a couple days before Christmas,  that he would like another one! (silly me for not making it ahead of time, but really wasn't sure if he wanted another one)!  Yipes!!!

After freaking out that I have so much left to do I decided I better get to it so, I found some photos, made them black and white then went to my scrap room.  I dug out my American Crafts travel papers (LOVE these papers!) and was also very thankful that I had these Elle's Studio calendar tags already (had ordered them to have on hand for some scrapbooking pages).  I then just decided on an easy layout and used it basically for each page.  Then I went to work.  This year there is no sewing and very little embellies on the pages... no time!  Will hubby notice? will he care?  Nope... so that is what made me ok with these very simple pages!  I am only posting a few as they are all basically the same.  Must say, pretty happy that it took 2 hours from start to finish too!



8 comments:

Karen B. said...

That's pretty awesome that your husband requested another calendar, and the colors are pretty awesome on it too! Happy holidays Laurel!

Dora said...

You've did an amazing job on this,...wow that is a lot of work but it is beautiful!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Laurel,
You are so blessed to have family that supports you and appreciates your work! Even if DH did wait until the end to ask for another one - I think it's incredibly sweet!! Your calendar is awesome - I'm sure he's LOVED having photos of his family close at hand and presented in such a wonderful way. I am dumbstruck that you did this in two hours! Wow.

{{{Hugs!}}}

Carolyn said...

How sweet! Cute photos, Love the B/W!

Jeanne said...

You are amazing and I'm thrilled to hear your hubby requested another calendar. Love what you pulled together at the last minute. It looks fabulous, to me! Your girls are so pretty! {even with a big goofy grin in front of their face...LOL)

farmhouse-story said...

you are grace under pressure, laurel! this is lovely-the girls are adorable! have a merry christmas!!

Unknown said...

Great job! This calendar is really cute!

Warm Wishes
Jenn
www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

Janice said...

I love all the photos!

01 09 10