Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cosmo Friends Get Sketchy!

Now how is that for a title!

Here we go with another Get Sketchy and Friends with Flair!  The sketch this week from Get Sketchy:

I was inspired by this ad at Crop Suey:


I wanted to use some Unity sets so I went with the Going Retro set on this card and of course the fab Cosmo Cricket 1934 papers.  The letter stickers are Cosmo Cricket.  This is also for the 365 Card Challenge - In Stitches - 2 kinds of stitching

And of course the She Said stamp set, love how the sentiment fits this tag!


Finally on this layout I used a sentiment and some faux stitching from the Store Kit, Key to Joy.  This is also for the 4 Crafty Chicks challenge - metal - I used some staples.  This is also for the Cosmo Cricket challenge - January - since we started dating January 1, 1986 (yes we were sober, well at least I was, hehehe) and I just scrapped it this January.
Now be sure to start at the Unity blog and catch all the participants with the yummy inspiration, find the hidden blinkie and you may win a prize!


Don't forget that Scrap-Mart is a great place to get your Unity stamps, including the Store kits.

29 comments:

Carla said...

Totally love these retro projects!! Especially the layout!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Wow this new line seems to be right up your alley because these creations are fantastic!

Dora said...

You amazes me every time,..so many items, and all so beautiful!

Carolyn said...

So sweet!! Love All the little details!

Jeanne said...

Excellent! I think I love the layout the best. You can sure pack a lot of neat details into one and it all looks fabulous together.

Love the hair, too. hee, hee!

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

love the retro looks!

Emily Leiphart said...

Laurel, I love your two cards and great layout! Those papers are really awesome and you used them so well!

Jamie Harder said...

Wow....these are all so FANTASTIC!!! I LOVE your layout with the red doily heart!!!

Erika said...

Love these. So fun.

Stephi said...

Really like your LO! Very nice colours on the paper,lots of nice details!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lots of fabulousness today!!!

Lisa a.

Unknown said...

Great layouts! I think I need to add the 'she' stamp set to my wish list!

Unknown said...

beautiful cards. and layout

1CardCreator said...

These are all so cute, love that retro look. ~Diane

Lori said...

Fun retro style projects!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

love these so fun!!!!!

Stacy said...

LOVE your take on the retro ad! Thanks for playing along with Crop Suey! Just love your work!

Linda said...

This is great card and very nicely done! my friend!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! Great LO and super cute cards! I was going to use that TV for the Crop Suey challenge too! LOL! Great minds think alike!! LOVE IT:)

Aphra Bolyer said...

Ooo, Laurel, love what you've done with the Circa 1935 on your layout. Fabulous!!!

Lindsey said...

These are great, Laurel!

Marilyn Nimmo said...

Great cards and LOVE the layout!

Angie Blom said...

love the look of all of these creations today.. the retro is awesome.

farmhouse-story said...

seriously cute stuff, laurel!

Lori Turner said...

Love your retro layouts! Way cool! Thanks for playing with 4 Crafty Chicks this week...

Lori - 4 Crafty Chicks DT

~~Mia~~ said...

omgoodness!!!! so much awesomeness, i don't even know where to look first!! thank you for playing along at crop suey, you are so talented!!!!

Tamie said...

What a rockin layout! Love the your page and the colors and details...Love it. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Hannah said...

I LOVE this paper! Fabulous cards :-)

Pam said...

I am such a fan of your work, Laurel and this is all amazing!!

01 09 10