Friday, October 28, 2011

Didn't make it

Well thank you everyone who voted for me at Practical Scrappers, I do appreciate it!  I didn't make the next round (but my team mate Amy Kolling did so be sure to go vote).  The next round of cards that were asked for was Rainbows and some embossing.  This was the card I made in case I made the next round:  It uses some scraps of cardstock, the PTI Woodgrain Embossing plate, some twine from The Twinery and the stamps are from Practicing Creativity.


Now truth be told, I did this card first... kind of forgot about the embossing part of it, hehehe.  Some Echo Park scraps, some more twine, and a PTI sentiment.  Oh well, I will use it for Jen's Blue Hawaii challenge - something summery and include blue, this should work.


10 comments:

Amber said...

Ah Laurel sooooo wish you had made it! People don't know beautiful cards when they see them : ) Love both of your cards, I totally struggle with primary colors!
Hugs
Amber

Dora said...

Sorry to hear you didn't made it.
Both cards are beautiful!

Karen B. said...

Bright, happy, fun cards that make me smile. Sorry you didn't make it to the next round. :{

~amy~ said...

sorry you didn't make it:( your cards are soooo fun...

Unknown said...

Both of these bright and happy cards just make my heart sing.

Jeanne said...

Sorry to hear you didn't make it. :( I know you won't let it get you down for long...just look at these lovely rainbow inspired cards!

farmhouse-story said...

i'm so sorry, laurel...i do believe when one door closes, its so another one can open:) love your cards:)

Brenda said...

Both are just lovely and so bright!

Amy Kolling said...

Laurel, I so wish that you would have made it too! I love both of your rainbow cards but I <3 the one without the embossing. hehe (great minds think alike!) I just couldn't figure in the embossing part and so I did the scored frame but thought, Gosh does that count? So I embossed one of my clouds just to be sure. Thanks so much for your support and the shout out here on your blog and on the WM group. I thought this was the hardest challenge so far. Hugs!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Both are wonderful (love the 2nd with all the patterns!).

01 09 10