Monday, August 6, 2012

Just Hanging Out


 I have a layout for you today, that uses the Family Outings Paper Pad by Momenta and  minimal embellishments.  Most of my items have been fussy cut from pattern paper and by adding twine, these fussy cuts have been fancied up with minimal work (my kind of scrapping)

Here is the layout, can you see all the places I have used twine?

First up, by adding a Gluber to the cut out sun, I easily adhered the twine just by spiraling it around.


The finished piece:

Sometimes I just do a couple little wraps around an item, just for a bit of interest.


On the following cut outs, I just ran a bit of glue along the lines and adhered some twine strips.


Finally, sometimes I just like the twine to hang and flow freely down the page.


I hope this has given you some ideas on how you can incorporate twine into your projects.  I have used twine from The Twinery on today's project but there are so many different types of twine to choose from be sure to check out the great selection at The Ribbon Carousel.

Products used:

Other:
Cardstock: American Crafts
Twine: The Twinery
Journal tags: Chic Tags

I am doing double duty here today, I have this posted on the Ribbon Carousel blog and the Momenta blog - busy day!





12 comments:

TesaB said...

What a fun, happy and totally gorgeous page. LOVE all the ways you use that fab twine!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Look at all that YUMMY twine!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!!! AWESOME colors and LOVING that sun!!!

Annette Allen said...

super cute layout...love how you used all the twine...looks awesome

Janice said...

Fun layout, love all the twine!

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful layout, love the beautiful twine details!

Unknown said...

OH! I just love, love, love this layout. That twine sun is so darn cute!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is adorable, Laurel! And I SO love all the ways you used the twine here!

Unknown said...

great layout! those twine details are perfect!

Rose said...

oh i love the twine sun!!! super fun layout girl :)

Dora said...

what a perfect lo love that twine!

Bananastamper said...

Awesome layout - especially love your sun! Such fun ways to use twine!

bonnie said...

Oh gosh so cute sweetie lovin' all the sweet details x x

01 09 10