Monday, September 3, 2012

Lessology It's A Wrap


One thing I love to do is go garage saleing or thrifting.  I especially love it when I see something that I can then build a theme basket around.  This year I found this popcorn maker and was thrilled!  I have one that I paid full price for, it was a bit pricey but it works very well so I am happy with it.  I picked this one up for $3! Yay! I knew right away that I was going to build a Movie Themed gift basket and use this as the 'box'.  Now this makes me even happier because I really don't like all the waste of paper and such at Christmas time and anytime I can cut down on that I am a happy girl!



Anyhow, I also save interesting bottles and jars and whatnot so that I can one day upcycle them.  Today I have used two for this gift.  I used some Momenta pattern paper, cardstock and TAWS Reel Time stamps to decorate these bottles and make a cohesive gift set that goes along with my theme.  Of course any movie night needs popcorn, a movie, some popcorn flavoring and M&Ms (have you had these mixed in with your popcorn, yum!).


Finally, it all fits inside and is easily wrapped up with a nice festive bow.



I hope that this gives you some inspiration and perhaps you may step away from the box with some of your gifts this year!


12 comments:

~amy~ said...

AWESOME...you find the best things to alter! Great idea!

Audrey Pettit said...

I absolutely LOVE this idea, Laurel! This is fabulous!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Just saw this over there and LOVED it!!! What a great gift idea!!!!!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Ooh la la...this is my kind of gift! :)

Unknown said...

What a fun gift, and such darling packaging.

Brenda said...

Love it!!

Jay Gee said...

This is such a great idea Laurel! I love those jars :)

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Oh how awesome! What a great gift idea & the packaging really pops!!!

Rose said...

super fun :)
you rock the yard sale finds girl :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Brilliant idea!!!!!

Angi Barrs said...

EEEK! Such a super fun idea!

bonnie said...

Oh what a fun, fabulous gift! You did a great job finding this what a find! Hugs x

01 09 10