Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things

I had a lot of fun scrapping these photos.  My youngest daughter has always liked shopping with my mom.  They have always gone off together while I go do my thing because "Grandma likes the same stores as me" my daughter said when she was little.  Apparently grandma liked to go in Claire's as much as my daughter ;) hehehe.  My mom is such a wonderful grandma!  I also love that at almost 16 my daughter would rather ask grandma to come shopping with us instead of her friends!  How special is that.  So happy to have this documented - it is what scrapbooking is all about for me.

Anyhow I used the Yes Please collection by American Crafts along with a title cut from my Silhouette and a bunch of Unity SMAK kits (check out the Unity Blog to see which ones, I think I used 6 different kits!)




12 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Fab page! Love the oversized title.

Alanna said...

What a neat layout. And how fun that your daughter and mom have such an awesome relationship.

Shelly said...

How FUN and COOL is this?!!...Love it! :)

Cook Scrap Craft said...

Great title and colors! I love those arrows.

Leanne said...

such a beautiful sentiment! Your LO is gorgeous!!

Annette Allen said...

such an awesome layout.. love that fun color combo..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING the photos, the title work and the arrows!!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Great photos and story, Laurel!! Love the big die cut title!!

Jeanne said...

Fantastic, Laurel! Love the photos and the story, first and foremost. You and your girls are indeed very lucky! That title is perfect. I always enjoy your additions that make your layouts pop. Question: did you go looking for the title or did you come across it at one point and add it to your stash? I have found that online store to be a little overwhelming and am trying to figure out the best way to shop it. :)

Rose said...

beautiful page and what priceless memories :)

yyam said...

Love the entire composition. :)
And love that your girl loves to shop with grandma...that's great bonding there!

Unknown said...

I love this layout, not only is it beautiful but I love what it's about. The title is wonderful!

01 09 10