Saturday, September 24, 2016

A trio of citrus inspired cards

When I first saw the inspiration at The Card Concept, I thought I wouldn't be playing along.  After all it is fall, and I have been in fall mode with my cards.... however... I challenged myself and I am glad that I did.

I pulled out my Citrus Bliss collection by Pink Paislee and went to work.




I am so happy I challenged myself to play along as it made me pull out a few neglected dies and stamps.  First up some Avery Elle items.  I used the Margarita Shaker Die along with the Berry Good stamp set for this fun card.  I fussy cut some lemons from the pattern paper and mounted one of them on foam squares

Next up I used the Soda Pop Bottles and Soda Pop stamp by My Favorite Things... first time using them and they have been waiting for awhile ;)  The label was fussy cut from the pattern paper and mounted on foam squares.


Finally, I also played along with the MFT sketch challenge and used the Mason Jar Labels stamp set along with the Mason Jar die.  Once again, the lemon is fussy cut and mounted with foam squares.




4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh gosh, I'm glad you decided to challenge yourself, too! These cards look fantastic. From the fresh color scheme to the fussy cut elements and fun sentiments, each one looks great. Well done!!

Audrey Pettit said...

I'm seriously swooning over these colors! Awesome cards, Laurel!!

laurie said...

I love your take on the challenge and so glad you played along at The Card Concept! have a great day!

Rahmat said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards, I love all the lime and lemony shades, thanks for joining us at card concept.

01 09 10