Saturday, October 22, 2016

Scatter Holiday Magic

I received some new goodies again and couldn't wait to play with them.  I used the Basic Rectangle die from Simon Says to create a shaker card.  I used the foam tape from Scrapbook Adhesives.  Now, way back when... like... maybe 12 years ago I purchased a few acetate scrapbooking sheets when a local scrapbooking store was closing.  I have been hoarding them ever since.  Today I decided to cut one up an use it on a card.  :)  The paper I used is the Good Cheer Collection from Elle's Studio.  The Washi Tape is from Little B.


I created a little snow scene to go in front of the shaker background.  The sled is the Large Winter Sled from Memory Box and I used cardstock from My Mind's Eye.  The cup and mittens are from the Mittens and Mugs set from Concord & 9th and finally, the sentiment is the Two Feet Deep stamp set from Papertrey Ink.


Playing along with The Challenge - I pulled out the red and blue.

Now I must get ready as I babysit my grand daughter today, so I better sit and have my tea before she arrives ;)

10 comments:

Karen Day said...

I love that you made the whole card a shaker!

Shelly said...

This is awesome!

Jeanne said...

Wow, this is one fabulous card! I love it as a shaker. Great idea to use that paper for the background. Looks terrific! Giggled at your last comment. :)

Anita said...

Awesome card! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

This is so adorable, Laurel! You have such a unique style and are a master at collage. Also a pleasure to see your work! Thanks so much for joining us at The Challenge!

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic card Laurel, Thank you for joining The Challenge.

Broni said...

This is great, Laurel! I love it!

Leigh Penner said...

This is so fun! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

Claire Broadwater said...

Such a fun card! You are so talented! Thank you for joining us at The Challenge this week! XX

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, I remember those acetate sheets! How brilliant! I LOVE this!

01 09 10