Sunday, November 6, 2016

Upcycled chocolate box

Every once in awhile I create something that I just love!  Lately I have been working on upcycling thrift store finds and repurposing wood.  Well I have been loving it!  Today I altered a thrift store wooden chocolate box.

First I painted it with some Country Chic Chalk Paint.  I love this paint for many reasons... one of which is that it is made here in Canada!  After painting, I used a cut file from my Silhouette as a stencil and stenciled on the label.  I added a bit of shadowing to the letters with a black sharpie but everything else was done with chalk paint.  I then sanded the box until I was happy with the look.  As a final step I waxed it with a clear wax and then a dark brown wax.


I can't wait to display this little gem in amongst my Christmas decorations... soon, very soon ;) 

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh my gosh, Laurel! If I had the talent (and patience) to do this, I'd love it, too! I adore this piece!! So sweet and festive for the holiday. Will you take a picture of wherever you nestle it and share? I'd love to see it on display. Thanks for sharing. You are good!! :) Have a great day.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What a darling project! You are SO talented!

01 09 10