Wednesday, July 5, 2017

don't forget you

Guess what... I colored!  Yep, I decided to give watercolor pencils a try.  I certainly have a long way to go and will it replace my paper piecing?  Nope (not yet anyways ;) ) but it was fun and I will certainly do it again.

I used lots of SU! goodies.  I stamped the flower from the Graceful Garden set and and then just played around with the pencils.  I used the Blender Pens to blend the colors and just played until I was happy happy enough :)

I then stamped a text saying from Just Add Text over the image before cutting out.  To create the background paper (yes... I made that... it is not pattern paper - are you surprised?!)  I used the Hardwood Background stamp.  For the sentiment, I used a Just Add Text sentiment, cut it apart and inserted some die cut words.  For some interest I added some pattern paper, stitching and washi to the corners. 

Before mounting the image, I tied on one of the Corrugated Elements - to which I stapled a die cut heart.  Finally, I added a few clear gems for added interest. 

Once again, playing along with:




3 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

So pretty! I love the angled panel and your rose is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Lisa said...

Such a soft and pretty card, well done!

Thanks for playing along with us again at Sunday Stamps :)

Leena Girsa said...

Laurel, this is just gorgeous! All of the little details and layered text/images just make this such a stunner. Thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps this week!

01 09 10