Saturday, December 23, 2017

Same sketch, same papers.... different levels of difficulty

Today I am sharing a couple of very similiar cards.  Both use the same sketch and the same papers (I am using the Bubbles and Fizz papers that will be available from SU! in January!  The first one is a basic card using a stamp set and paper.  The second adds other elements.



First up, the basic card.  Really this is all I need..... I used some scraps left over from yesterdays card then just stamped a sentiment.  Quick, easy and postal friendly.  I did mount the fussy cut bottle on foam squares for dimension, but that is all.  Once again.... this is all I really need.





Next up, the more detailed one.  This is the kind of card that justifies all of my purchases ;)  LOL!


This still has the same sketch only I stitched down the strips of paper and a stamped sentiment from the Beverage Bar set.  I used a MFT die for more interest (Cheers).  I then cut out and mounted 2 bottles.  I cut out the bottle cap and added a little stamped sentiment from the soon to be released set Bubble Over and created a little tag out of it.  As a final detail, I added some clear dots.


Once again, the first card is all I really need.... the second justifies all the purchases!  How about you?  Which one are you?

Playing along with: 









9 comments:

Karen Day said...

Love these!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful take on the sketch, Laurel! I love that you used scraps and the colors are so trendy!

Jeanne said...

Oh definitely I am the one that justifies all the purchases! ;) I love how you showed the card looks just great without all the extra goodies, but if you go that little extra, kapow...look what you can get. Awesome!

Leigh Penner said...

These are both great, Laurel! I love your fabulous takes on the sketch! Merry Christmas!

Chrissy Larson said...

I couldn't possibly choose one since I go between both styles so frequently that my craft supplies are in a constant state of whirl. Ha ha! I love that my sketch inspired two awesome creations! They are great!

Unknown said...

Very cute card! Love the papers that you used! Thank you for joining us at LRW.

Tracy Freeman said...

They are both fab, love the stitching detail on the second one. Papers are gorgeous !
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Jan said...

These are both so bright and beautiful Laurel! Your quilting design is fabulous on each of them and Inlove how you describe the second as justifying all your purchases - I must remember that line :-) Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink throughout the year and a very Merry Christmas to you and all your family xx

Tina said...

Your cards are both great! How clever to turn the bottle top into a tag for out challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

01 09 10