Wednesday, May 16, 2018

You only live once

Two things made this card come together...

First I received my order from SugarPea Designs and had to use the LondonScape die right away!  Second, I saw the sketch at Fab Friday and it was perfect 😊

I used some Authentique Paper and inked up my very neglected PTI stamp sets, which I have had since they came out and this was the first time using them!



I stamped the sentiments from the City Scene Sentiments.  I then attached the LondonScape.  Finally I stamped and cut out the bus from the City Scene stamp set and mounted it on foam squares. 


Now what inspired the card to begin with?  Well my youngest daughter.  In about a month she is moving to London to Au Pere for a year and perhaps longer.  She will be doing her Sociology degree online while there.  Yes, she is the one who a couple of years ago left for Vietnam and then a working stay in Australia.  She has been home for about a year planning..... and this is her next adventure.  Before starting her job in London she will be staying with some friends and traveling around Germany for a couple of weeks! 

I just may have to write a little note in the card and tuck it in her suitcase.... we are proud of her.

Here is the sketch: 


3 comments:

Heather said...

This card is so gorgeous! What a perfect set for your daughter's next journey - brilliant die. It looks great in our sketch - love your paper choices! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Jeanne said...

Fantastic card! It's perfect for your world traveling daughter. How awesome for her to have all these terrific opportunities! Congrats to her and I'm sure she will have a once in a lifetime experience there! :)

Brenda Myers said...

Very pretty card!! The elements all go together perfectly!! I love the background paper!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

01 09 10